For over 50 years, Cooks Blinds and Shutters have been renowned across East Anglia for providing excellent customer service and high-quality products. You don’t stay in business as long as that without an excellent team of dedicated and highly skilled staff. But everyone has to start somewhere, and that’s why we have always invested in young people by hiring apprentices that can earn while they learn the skills they’ll need to excel in their careers.
We’re currently looking for an enthusiastic young person to join our office based team as an apprentice.
The successful candidate will be supported in learning and carrying out these office based activities:
- Supporting and engaging with different parts of the organisation and interacting with internal or external customers.
- Working to increase efficiency by supporting and working across teams, as well as helping to resolve issues.
- Using IT packages and systems including Microsoft Office to write letters, emails and proposals, as well as record and analyse data.
- Updating and reviewing databases, ensuring information is recorded accurately.
- Drafting correspondence, writing reports and inputting/reviewing work.
- Maintaining records and files, whilst handling confidential information in compliance with organisational procedures and data protection.
- Maintaining positive relationships within the team and across the organisation, promoting collaborative working.
- Communicating with internal and external customers, either in person, on the telephone, in writing or on digital platforms.
- Assisting with queries from inside and outside the organisation, whilst representing the organisation.
- Reviewing processes and providing suggestions for improvements, sharing administrative best-practice across the organisation.
- Managing work priorities and time to meet deadlines and complete tasks effectively, whilst managing expectations.
- Organising meetings and events, taking minutes and action logs as needed.
- Helping to plan, monitor and report on projects.
We’re looking for a reliable self-motivated young person with excellent communication, planning and interpersonal skills who is willing to learn in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, visit our page on the official Apprenticeship section of the government website and sign in or create an account.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Norwich City College. For more information about apprenticeship schemes contact City College Norwich by telephone on 01603 773365 or email firstname.lastname@example.org